Sunday, August 13, 2006

City2Surf 2006

It was a good day to run. Not as cold as last year. Sun Herald is giving away red caps to all registered participants of City2Surf. Pray tell how come I didn't get mine. I was told they ran out of caps already. How can that be when I registered early and got to the registration booths on time? Doesn't matter, as I was wearing our corporate light blue cap.

Definitely getting older. While my legs started to buckle at the 11-km. mark last year, this time it's starting to hurt at 5 kms. I didn't even try to slow-jog uphill anymore. By my own reckoning, I finished the 14-km. run in 1 hour and 40 minutes. My knees was so sore, I rested at McDonald's for one full hour. The place is quite busy, especially after the race, so I shared tables with this old lady. She was telling me that she had been here since early morning. Her 88-year old husband joined City2Surf again this year, much to her exasperation. She said she's definitely not letting him join next year. Every few minutes, she would look at the entrance, or go out to check. I tried my best to cheer her up, as she's clearly worried. Told her that if something really happened or if he got lost, he (or somebody) will call her on the mobile anyway. By the time I left, she's still there waiting. Now, that's true love.

No comments: