Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ni Hao, Wendy Cheng?

Wendy ChengWho is Wendy Cheng? She says she is Singapore's top blogger. A digital lifestyle magazine I picked up during my recent trip to Singapore seems to agree. Recipient of the 2004 and 2005 Weblog Awards for Best Asian Blog, xiaxue.blogspot.com gets 20,000 hits per day. Is it really that popular? The hacker who hijacked her blog seems to think so. What makes a blog good anyway? If I knew, my blog wouldn't be getting only 10 hits per day.

I try not to read other people's blogs, but I read one page of hers (a long one). Definitely not a role model for her visitors, but interesting and loud and R-18 enough to get them coming back for more. Surprisingly (in Singapore), she uses a lot of swear words. She blasts to pieces anyone who crosses her path or criticizes her. I would've thought that the government would've shut down her site by now. Anyway, I feel the blog's a bit commercialized. She mainly talks about parties and events she's been invited to. She models clothes and other products and services, and posts bazillions of pictures. She actively seeks out invitations and endorsements, and readily admits that blogging is her main source of livelihood. (Never ever fault her for that, so she says.)

xiaxue Before and AfterI'll say one thing, if one day she decides to get out of the blogging business, she should become a make-up artist instead. Seriously. Just look at the before and after pictures, and tell me I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Albert! I've linked to your post from one on my blog HERE.