Friday, November 04, 2005

Back to Regular Programming

It's been more that a month since I last updated my blog (not counting the Nybble posts). It's always a busy time after coming back from two weeks of overseas training. There's the backlog of office work and emails that need to be dealt with. Bills to pay, mails to read or throw away. Photos to sort, select, annotate, and upload. Blog entries to research, write up, and publish.

Two weeks after I came back, our group leader decided to take a two-week breather in HK. I was made acting group leader. No wonder the guy needed a break. There's almost one meeting I have to attend every day. For any issue that pops up, people go to me instead of dealing directly with the concerned engineer. I start getting calls and emails from people I don't know inquiring about the status of stuff I have no idea about. Our customer calls me for every question they can think of, and each of them is urgent. Just the past two weeks alone, my group received something like half a dozen emergency calls.

I'll be real glad when my colleague comes back from his vacation.

No comments: