Monday, November 07, 2005

DSL Dreams

Lately I have been in the habit of working in the dining room while watching TV. If a good show is up, I'll ditch the laptop and hop on the cushy couch. By the middle of the show, I'll be sound asleep only to wake up at 2am or 3am. No a good way to prepare for the next working day.

One time, I dozed off to sleep again and dreamed that I was working on my laptop. As I am wont to do, I surf over to my DSL provider to check my online usage. What the?! It's only the start of the month, and I've used about 600+MB already. Just yesterday, it was less than a 100MB. Must be all those nights of leaving the laptop on and Wi-Fi activated. What with all the auto-page refreshes and keepalives and retransmits. I woke up from that nightmare and realized it was just a dream. I put my laptop in suspend mode and went to my bed.

No comments: