Wednesday, November 09, 2005

flickr Off

flickrKeen-eyed visitors to my blog will notice something new. Amid the past post links, the Adsense ads, the Google search box, and the mini-banners, you'll find my own flickr Zeitgeist. Actually, that's the only reason I signed for a flickr account. Everybody's been raving about the service, but I don't really get what the fuss is about.

It's a site where you upload digital photos. That's it. What makes it different from other services is that it has a vibrant community of users who actively views and comments on pictures. A free account gives you only 20MB of uploads per month. High-resolution images are resized or scaled down. Only three photosets and the photostream view shows only the last 200 images. Upgrading to a pro account eliminates these restrictions, but you have to shell out US$24.95 a year.

Thanks, but I'll stick with the free account. Enjoy the Zeitgeist while it lasts.

No comments: