Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bankstown Bites and Idiocracy

I reckon the food tours that is a major part of Bankstown Bites was quite successful last year 'coz they're bringing them back again this year. Aside from queuing up on the day to register, you can sign up online. I can tell you the online spots filled up very quickly because I didn't get any.

My sister was at Bankstown early and reserved two spots for GF and me. At the last minute, GF's mom decided to join us. We got there late, so I asked my sister to give away our places. Not really much to see, mostly food stalls. We had bacon and eggs crepes, strawberry crepes, chocolate churros, and waffle dogs for take-away.

Back home, I watched Idiocracy. Plot is pretty simple, but the production is very slick and polished. Movie is about the world getting dumber and dumber. What with most scientific research devoted to p3nis enlargement and combating hair loss. After 500 years of reverse Darwinism, the dumb rule the world. Corporal Joe Bauers (Luke Wilson) and Rita (Maya Rudolph) wake up from a military hibernation experiment gone wrong to discover that they're the smartest people around. They find out that water has been replaced by an energy drink called "Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator", and the only water you can find is in toilets. No wonder all the plants died out, causing a food shortage. With his superiour intelligence, Joe solved this problem and later became the President of America.

No comments: