Sunday, June 15, 2008

Carmina Burana at Greenhalgh Theatre

Carmina Burana concert at UTS Ku-ring-gai's Greenhalgh Theatre. I was having second thoughts about going because one, I don't have a car; two, I don't know where it is; and three, it looks like it's gonna rain. In the end, I still went because I've never been there before.

I read somewhere that Willoughby Council has arranged for a special bus that will bring people from Chatswood station to the venue. When I got to Chatswood, I realized that I don't know the departure times of the shuttle bus. Worse, I can't find it anywhere outside or around the station. On a hunch, I braved the rains and walked over the Zenith Theatre and true enough, there's a waiting bus there.

During the first part of the concert, the Willoughby Symphony Choir performed Brahms' Liebeslieder Waltzes, with two pianos providing accompaniment. After the intermission, the choir performed Carl Orff's Carmina Burana with the participation of Opera Australia’s Lorina Gore - Soprano, Paul McMahon - Tenor, and Jose Carbo - Baritone. Have to say I liked the first part more. Maybe opera really is not for me.

The shuttle bus brought us back to Chatswood. Took the train to Strathfield, where GF and I had dinner at the Bagan Burmese Restaurant.

No comments: