Sunday, December 30, 2007

O Brother, Where Art Thy Vegetarian Lunch?

It was a long time coming, but my sister finally invited my vegetarian colleague and his family and friends over for lunch. It wasn't easy preparing for it because my colleague is a strict vegetarian - not any vegetarian food will do. We opted for steamed fish, stir-fried vegetables, veggie sausages, red-bean siopao, caesar salad, and DIY pizza. For dessert, we had fruit salad, some cakes, and a big box of cookies GF brought along as her contribution.

Spent the rest of the afternoon watching O Brother, Where Art Thou? with GF. Written and directed by the Cohen Brothers, it's supposed to be very good, but for the life of me, I can't see what's good about it. I know the story, I understand the dialogue, but I just don't "get" it. Maybe I should watch it again.

No comments: