Monday, December 10, 2007

Helsinki to Karaportti and Back

It's a bit of a hassle getting to Karaportti because I've never been there before. Most of our technical training courses used to be held at Kutojantie. Before, from my hotel along Mannerhaimintie, it's just one bus ride away, which is quite convenient for me as I usually wake up late and time my 15-minute breakfast just so I can rush out the hotel doors and hop on the bus.

First thing you wanna do is get yourself a regional tourist ticket. This one covers Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen, and Vanta, covering all transport services - tram, train, bus, metro and ferry. That's €33 for 5 days (120 hours). From Mannerheimintie, take trams 4, 7, or 10 to get to the city centre. From the post office, it's a short stroll to the central railway station. To get to Karaportti, take the train to Leppavara station, then the bus to the training centre. Trains Y,S,U,L,E,A all pass by Leppavara, though I prefer the A-train that terminates at this station. From here, you can take buses 28K, 29T, or 3 to Karaporrti. To return to Helsinki, just do the reverse.

No comments: