Friday, July 14, 2006

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

For the past few times I've been going to the office, my taxi would pass by this magnificent mosque right in the city. Stuck inside the taxi with my camera, I would jump from one side to another of the back seat trying to get a good shot. Even then, the mosque as seen through the dusty passenger windows or the rear windshield with defogger strips are no good.

Today, as we got close to the mosque, I asked the taxi driver if I can open window to get a shot. He must've misunderstood because he stopped the car in the middle of the street. Not wanting to obstruct traffic, I took some quick shots, and urged him to go. The driver circled around the mosque and stopped at the main entrance for me to take more pictures. I thought of coming out of the cab for a better vantage point, but thought that would be too much already, so I took more photos from inside car. It's a wonder what you get if you just ask.

No comments: