Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Shall We Dansu? in My New Shoes?

First saw this movie (Shall We ダンス?)many years ago during a Japanese filmfest in Manila. Can't say what drew me to it. Is it because I took social dancing classes before in university? Or maybe I found the idea of a shy, timid loner accountant getting close to his unreachable dream girl appealing? Anyway, since then I've been searching for a copy of Shall We Dansu? (Don't even mention that American remake to me.) The counterfeit video stalls in Paranaque don't have it, neither do the DVD shops in Funan. So I was quite relieved to find it in the video shop of Best Denki on the top floor of Takashimaya. Also bought a VCD of The Iron Ladies, which is about a team of mostly gay Thai volleyball players, who went through a lot of difficulties and eventually won the national championship.

What else did I buy? Two cans of almond cookies and pineapple tarts, some cool daylight bayonet-type fluorescent bulbs, and a pair of Nautica Hydro loafers.

No comments: