Thursday, June 23, 2005

Bondi Day

Spent the whole day at Bondi Icebergs. Would've been great if not for the fact that I was there for a company planning session. That means a whole day of PowerPoint presentations. The only time I got to look out at Bondi Beach from the balcony was during coffee/tea breaks and lunch.

Bondi Icebergs was not as swanky as I thought. Either that or we're in the wrong conference room. I was told this is where industry captains wind down after a long hard day of doing nothing. Well, the conference room we're in has a very noisy ventilation system. Parts of the carpet were worn-out, there's a disco ball hanging on one side of the room, and the food was delivered late.

Skipped dinner at The Rocks, and went straight to Westfield Bondi Junction. It's one of the few places in the city that closes late, but that's enough to entice late-night shoppers. I was there 6:30pm, and there's not much shoppers around. Dropped by the digital camera section of Harvey Norman. Was surprised to see the Canon PowerShot S2 IS there. The guy at the counter says it was only delivered yesterday. He proceeded to show me the features on the model, plus comparisons with the Pro1, the G6, and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1. By the time I left the shop, I'm all confused.

No comments: