Saturday, June 04, 2005

Another Secondhand Saturday

Another round of Secondhand Saturday. This time at Leichhardt. There are good things to be had in these sales. A pack of stamps for just $1. At the tourist shop in Circular Quay, it sells for $10. Bought some phone cards for my collection, too. A hardbound book of Asimov's Foundation Trilogy, including The Stars Like Dust, The Naked Sun, and I, Robot for $2. Another hardbound book of George Orwell's works also for $2. Snagged some Happy Meal Sesame Street and Winnie the Pooh characters, a Russ Cromwell Bear and a Wild Republic orangutan. I also got a Beanie Babies moose, but only for 5 minutes. As I was driving away, the lady owner flagged me down and wanted it back. Said she couldn't bear to part with it. I should've doubled the price.

No comments: