Saturday, May 28, 2005

Badminton Tournament - Day 4 (Championship)

It was supposed to be a best-of-three championship match, but our opponents showed no mercy. JLo and I did quite well in the first game, even though we lost. By the second game, we started making mistakes. Bad serves, missed returns, net balls, etc., so we cracked. Didn't even get to see game #3. I'm just relieved it's over.

Like I said, first prize is a Yonex Muscle Power, while second prize is a Yonex racquet bag. Given that my Carbonex14 is old already, I really wanted that Muscle Power. Not to mention the bragging rights. Funny thing is, a lot of people said they'd rather have the bag. So would the first-placer rather have the Yonex bag than the Yonex racquet? Sure he does. So that's how I lost the match, but won a new racquet. But here's the catch. (Yes, Virginia, in life there's always a catch.) The supposed Muscle Power magically transformed itself to an Isometric. Could it be that my decades-old Carbonex is still better than the new Isometric? Possible, but what am I supposed to do with a big racquet bag if I have only one single racquet? Let's see what the Isometric has to say for itself in next week's practice session.

No comments: