Saturday, May 21, 2005

Badminton Tournament - Day 3

Today's sort of the semi-finals because Team A has won 7 games so far, while teams B (me and JLo) and C are vying for second place, with 6 wins each.

We played first against Team C. Surprisingly we lost both games. Worse thing is, we got the upper hand (6-1 and 6-0), but the games eventually went to them. Our next match is with top-placer Team A. My partner reminded me that we have to achieve a 2-0 win just to be in the running. Even then, we'll still need a tiebreaker. Surprisingly, we won that set. By the time the smoke has cleared, Team C is at the top of the heap, with us and Team A tied. The organizers decided to count points to determine who goes into next week's finals. Third surprise of the night: with 147 vs. 138 points, JLo and I are going to the finals. Muscle Power, here I come!

No comments: