Saturday, December 25, 2004

Sleepless in Sydney

Sleepless in Seattle is on this lonely Christmas night. How appropriate. I know a friend who likes this movie a lot, so I'm going to exercise some restraint here. This is one of the better romantic movies I've watched. (Not many.) The selection of songs is just huge, but totally appropriate to the particular scene. Sometimes it feels like the producers first came up with the song list before the story. Every single time there's no mushy dialogue going on, a mushy oldie love song would play.

Another friend just adores Meg Ryan, but honestly I think she's OA. (That's over-acting for you.) I did learn some new acronyms: H&G (hi and goodbye), YOH (your only hope), and MFEO (made for each other). A couple of things that kept me wondering:

  • Is it true that every girl and woman has watched An Affair to Remember (and cried)?
  • That a single woman over age 40 is more likely to be killed by a terrorist than marry?
  • Is it really a sign or just a coincidence?

No comments: