Friday, November 05, 2004

CD 2004.11.05 - Invincible Summer by k.d. lang

k.d. lang is probably one of those artists that you either like or hate. I've heard some good reviews about her albums, but Invincible Summer's definitely not for me. I've listened to the songs a couple of times, but I still can't get myself to like them. The songs are so-so, and the melodies are forgettable. It's something you'd listen to while lounging about, waiting for time to pass because it fades quite nicely with the background noise. My guess is that she has some sort of a quota with the record label, and the deadline is fast approaching, so she came out with this album. Summerfling (track no. 2) is not too bad, though.

k.d. lang is having a 4-day concert at the Opera House mid-February. Three of those shows are sold out already. Can you believe that?

No comments: