Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Whole-Day Sunshine

Customer tried to do a remote upgrade and failed. Now the system is in a funny state, and the only way out I can see is a clean install. Bootloader-based FTP install doesn't work possible due to VLAN issues. What do to? Tried calling my colleague down in Melbourne. No answer. Boss says worst case I have to fly down first thing in the morning. After having only three hours of sleep during the night?! Sure!


So there I was at the domestic airport waiting for the last possible moment to check in. Final call to Melbourne colleague - no answer. Sunshine, here I come. Just before I turned off my mobile inside the plane, I get the call. See you soon, dude.

Spent the rest of the day doing backups and clean installs and restores. Customer finished their checks by 3:30pm. Got back to Sydney by 8pm.

No comments: