Friday, January 29, 2010

Shopping Nights

Spent the past few nights shopping at Marienplatz. There's really not much else to do. Given a choice, I'd rather be taking pictures. However, by the time our training course finishes at 4:30pm, and by the time I get back to the hotel, it's already quite dark. Rather than have shaky, fuzzy pictures, shopping it is.

Today being the last day of the NG course, I took the chance to drop by the tourist information office at Hauptbahnhof and inquire about their Neuschwanstein castle tour. The lady told me that it's €49 for a whole-day tour. She said the tour covers Neuschwanstein Castle and Hohenschwangau Castle, plus a tour of a nearby village. She also mentions that if I go to Hohenschwangau on my own and buy my own ticket, that'll give me entry to only one castle. I'm not too sure about this, so I asked the lady if the can provide me a brochure detailing what is included in the €49 tour. She said she can only give me the information once I've signed up for the tour. Sounds funny to me, so I said no. I figured that €49 probably doesn't even include the admission fees to the castles. Being an adventurous guy, I decided to do it on my own. Went to a DB ticket machine and bought a Bayern Ticket Single for €20. That gives me access to rail and bus transport throughout the whole of Bavaria. The plan is to take the train from Hauptbahnhof to Fussen, then a short bus ride to Hohenschwangau.

For tonight, I gave Marienplatz a rest and went to OEZ (short for Olympia Einkaufszentrum) instead - the largest shopping mall in the whole of Munich. So many shops to check out - Esprit, Zara, H&M, C&A, Karstadt, Galeria Kaufhof, even Woolworths!

No comments: