Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools Birthdays

It's a good feeling when people remember your birthday. The whole 6th floor cafe area was reserved for the big event. Lunch buffet consisted of salads, sausages, steaks, chops, breads and rolls and potatoes. For drinks, we've got mineral water, softdrinks, fruit juices, beer, and wine. For dessert, everybody got a portion of the big chocolate cake, and before we left, everyone got a bottle of wind (your choice of 2005 red or 2007 white.) Happy birthday, NSN.

After work, I met up with GF. As to be expected, she has some presents for me (sweaters from my favourite store), even though I specifically asked her not to get me anything. For her punishment, I didn't invite her to my birthday dinner at Botoli. Fortunately, somebody else did. We ordered honey prawns, mushrooms and vegetables, lemongrass chicken, and a few others I forgot already. Anyway, one of the kids on the other table is celebrating his birthday, so the restaurant gave him an ice cream scoop with a candle on top. I'm always up for a freebie, so we asked the waitress if we can have the same thing. To my surprise, she declined. I had to admit I was a bit miffed, but not for long. After we had our orange dessert, the waitress brought out an ice cream cake from Pure Gelato, complete with sparkling candles, courtesy of GF. Ah, one of the more memorable birthdays I've had.

No comments: