Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crab and Steak at Woolloomooloo

Another colleague is leaving the country for greener pastures abroad. You know what that means - free food! Usually it's just lunch at the Chinese restaurant or Italian pizzeria down the road. This time, our manager is feeling generous, and our secretary booked a table at Kingsleys Steak & Crabhouse down at Woolloomooloo.

My E65's got the TomTom Navigator on it, and I recently acquired a Bluetooth GPS unit. Just the right time to test it out, since I have no idea how to get to the Woolloomooloo wharf from the customer testbed. Things were going well till I got to William Street. The TomTom lady said turn left. I made a left at Bourke Street, and found myself going headlong into the Eastern Distributor instead of towards the wharf. Worse, I miss my first exit (whatever it is). By the time I got out of the tunnel, I find myself at Supa Centa Moore Park. Had to do double back South Dowling Street, right at Oxford, left at Darlinghurst, which brings me all the way to the wharf area.

A bit of a hassle, but the food was worth it. We must've ordered all the entrees on the menu, Angus and wagyu steaks, and all three kinds of crabs on offer - Singapore chili crab, Alaskan king crab, and salt & pepper snow crab. Yummy!

No comments: