Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Town Hall Tour (Part Two)

My second tour of the Sydney Town Hall. Wasn't as extensive as before. The only reason I came back for seconds is that I didn't bring my digital camera the first time around. With the Town Hall closing down for a major renovation, it might be a while before I can come in, and things might be different then. Wasn't able to take as many pictures as I wanted. For one, we're only a small group, so we're moving from place to place pretty quickly. We visited the Vestibule, then Centennial Hall with the Grand Organ, passed by the corridors, checked out the paintings and stained-glass windows near the staircases. Two, that's the end of the tour, folks. We didn't get to go up the clock tower. We didn't get to see the council chambers and the Lady Mayoress room. We didn't get to visit the basement burial grounds. Ah well, I still have to rush back to the office.

No comments: