Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Case of the Missing Dinners

Strangely enough, during the six days I've been in Helsinki so far, I never managed to have dinner - at least, a proper one. I blame it on the grueling 9-hour time difference between Helsinki and Sydney. I spend the better part of the day trying to keep awake, listening to the instructor in class. I get back to the hotel around 5:30pm. It's too cold to go out sightseeing. It's too early for dinner. I lie on the bed for a quick nap - something to pass the time before I go out at 7:30pm for a proper dinner this time around. And I wake up at 11pm - every day, without fail. I look out the heavily-draped windows, and I'm in no mood to go out, despite my grumbling stomach.

Thanks to the K-Time Twists and Milo bars and John West Tuna-to-Go packs my GF insisted I bring along, I managed to survive. (And Smith's Stax for dessert.)

No comments: