Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chorizo Recipe

A few weeks ago, jolly ol' Jamie Oliver was on TV cooking up some lovely chorizo dish. I watched him, and I go, "I can do that." Easier said than done for a guy whose kitchen repertoire consists of fried eggs and mashed potatoes, maybe some French fries. How hard can it be? A quick check with Google, and this is the (modified) recipe I came up with:

  • one big potato, boiled, peeled, and cut into chunks
  • half an onion, cut into strips
  • green bell pepper, cut into strips
  • one stick of chorizo, cut into thick slices
Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat. Saute potato chunks with salt. Fry until browned on all sides. Transfer potatoes to a bowl.

Put pepper, onion, and chorizo into skillet and cook until vegetables have softened. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little white wine. (I can't find any open bottle of white wine, so I put in some Chinese rice wine. Hey, wine's wine, right?) Add vegetable/chorizo mixture to potatoes, and toss well.

Beautiful!

No comments: