Friday, July 07, 2006

Badminton Night at Kepong

I didn't bring any badminton racquet or rubber shoes with me, but I've got this itch that I just have to scratch. It's been months since I last played any competition-grade badminton. Now, this is Malaysia and these people have been playing badminton every Friday afternoon, so my colleagues are really good. I hitched a ride with one of the guys, and was surprised to see this huge badminton hall with scores of courts. The place is a bit old and the floor is made of timber. My real complaint is that it's too hot. Obviously, they're not supposed to open the windows or use fans or airconditioning, but the heat inside is just unbearable and suffocating. At the end of three doubles games in 2 hours, the only thing on me that is not wet is my pair of socks - just a bit moist.

I was playing so hard, I had to check from time to time if my office shoes are still ok. And I was so dehydrated I drank off 1.5 liters of cold mineral water after the games.

No comments: