Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Career Management Workshop

Anything to break the monotonous routine in the office, so I signed up for this course. The company also offers courses on web authoring, Word, Excel, presentation skills, but with our division merging with a similar division of our competitor soon, I thought this is the right time to get some tips on career management.

It's a two-day workshop handled by an American HR consulting firm. The course comes with cool binders and handouts, morning juice, sandwich lunch, and afternoon coffee. Not bad at all. After two days of the course, I found out that:

  • Mindmaps look great on the whiteboard using coloured markers, but not on a mindmapping software.
  • I'm an ISTJ kind of person, based on the Myers-Briggs personality test.
  • I'm well-suited for my current job role, which requires me to be detailed, analytical, logical, meticulous, and patient. A troubleshooter with a sense of responsibility.
  • I seriously need to think about my future and how to reach it. Darn it!
  • Just because everyone orders the Feng Shui, doesn't mean it tastes good.

No comments: