Saturday, April 22, 2006

Half of The Lesley Garrett Gift Collection

I normally don't visit the record shops because CDs in Australia are unreasonably expensive. I prefer to get my music over the Internet. (Ahem.) I passed by a Sanity shop and went in for a look. Surprisingly, I was able to find two Lesley Garrett CDs in the bargain bin. Quite a bargain at $1 per disc, if you ask me. Found out later that they're part of a 4-disc set called The Lesley Garrett Gift Collection. A pity I didn't find the other two discs.

Talking about sopranos, I quite like Lesley Garrett, better than Kiri Te Kanawa. If you're new to Lesley Garrett, try listening to her version of The Laughing Song (from Die Fledermaus) and I Want to Be a Prima Donna (a.k.a. Art is Calling for Me (from The Enchantress)).

No comments: