Friday, July 22, 2005

Albert Goes to Wollongong (Part II)

With hours to kill before the dinner costume party, I spent the whole afternoon walking around Stuart Park, the North Beach, and ended up at the Flagstaff Hill with its twin lighthouses. Lots of photo ops, I tell you. Tonight also happens to be when the moon is closest to Earth.

I'm not really a big fan of costume parties, but the company has one every year. This year's theme is Las Vegas. Last year was Hollywood. I swear some people showed up with the same costume as last year. Worse, I didn't even get a proper dinner. We were served a dish of fish fillets with a very creamy sauce. And that was it. I waited and waited for the main course, but none came. People got up from their seats and started to wander about. At that point, I just gave up and went back to my room to catch Lost. Too bad it's a refresher episode, where they show all the highlights from previous episodes. The magic show during the "dinner" was very good though.

Found out the next day that steak was served (very much later) as the main course.

No comments: