Saturday, July 16, 2005

Albert Goes to Melbourne - Part II

This time I was there for two weeks, excluding weekends. The good thing about Melbourne is that most of the tourist spots are located in the city centre. The bad thing was that I'm there for work, so my only free time is after office hours. Coming back late from Sunshine and after having dinner, it would already be 9pm when I hit the city streets.

Ever the optimist, I think the cold, windy nights and the ungodly hours work to my advantage when I'm taking pictures of the city as there's very few people about. I try to ignore the cold wind that is making my neck/shoulder muscles tighten. I try not to think about the ice-cold metal post as I brace my camera on it for a steady nightshot. I try to act cool as the security guard questioned me as to why I'm taking pictures of the ANZ Gothic Bank.

For every night during my Melbourne trip, from Parliament House in the east to Spencer Street Station in the west, from University of Melbourne in the north to Flinders Street Station in the south, and all the crisscrossing streets in between - this is my vacation.

No comments: