Saturday, May 07, 2005

Badminton Tournament - Day 1

After months and months of practice, it had come to this: the Filipino Badminton Club of Sydney (Filipino BCS) finally had its first day of tournament on May 7 at the Castle Hill High School gym. Members are grouped in Class A (good) and Class B (not-as-good). There were 7 Class A and 8 Class B teams. I was partnered with a lady everybody calls JLo. Not called such because of her singing prowess on the courts. Somebody else has first rights to her first name, and her last name happened to start with L-O. So JLo it is.

Each set is only 2 games, and it's 15 points to each game. Each team plays 2 sets every Saturday, until each team has played with every other team. The top two teams then plays the championship set. Winning team gets a new Yonex Muscle Power racquet each. Not sure what the runners-up get. I've got my sights trained on that ArmorTec as my Carbonex14 is already decades old and deserves to be retired.

Day 1 went quite well. I and my partner won 1st set against some pretty nimble opponents, and our 2nd set was a draw. Things can only get tougher.

No comments: