Wednesday, November 24, 2004

John Safran's Music Jamboree

I was eagerly awaiting Pizza after South Park, but John Safran's Music Jamboree came up. The first time I heard of the guy is in John Safran vs. God. I caught only the last few episodes of his show, and I have to say the guy is pretty funny. Apparently, he's some kind of a media celebrity here. In one of his John Safran vs. God episodes, he goes to Canberra waving crucifixes and onions under the noses of some politicians to find out if they are vampires or not. In his last episode, he battles his inner demons and is exorcised by Christian exorcist and fundamental preacher, Bob Larson.

In Music Jamboree, John Safran does a mean parody of Eminem's Stan complete with the pregnant girlfriend and kids. He was singing along to lyrics taken from Stan and Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham. Just hilarious. His rapping skills are pretty impressive, too. Didn't know it was so easy to impersonate Eminem - bleached hair, arm tattoos, and white singlet. (The next time our company comes up with another costume party.....) Lyrics here:

Dear Sam,
Please understand I do not want
To eat green eggs and ham
Go away Sam I am
I will not eat them in a house
I will not eat them with a louse
Not hear not there not far not near
Stop asking with you tongue twisters
My tongue blisters my heads spinning
In fact im in my little red car right now
Doing 90 on the freeway
Hey Sam I just drank a fifth of beatle juice
Dare me to drive?
Aaaahhhh aahhhh
Shut up fox im trying to drive
Thats my fox in socks
Hes locked in stocks
His body's flopped in the boot in a box
Where the oxygen stops
Oh well im going off the hoovil bridge now
Oh damn Sam I am how my sposed to send this tongue twister out

Dear Mr.
I do not want to eat green eggs and ham,
This is Sam
Please understand
I dont want you to eat them either man
I know I said 'would ya could ya it them up the stairs'
I know I asked ya 'could ya would ya eat them ballanced on some chairs'
I know I asked in a house with a mouse with a louse with a fish too
But I say that shit just clowning dork cumon how fucked up is you?
I just dont want you to do this crazy biz
I saw this one biz on the Hoovil news last week
He had a fox in socks locked in stocks in a box in the boot
He had a little red car with a star he hit a bridge
Near a ridge with a clunk
Come to think of it it was you

Later on, Elton John appeared, and they did a duet.

Another segment talks about the power of music with some patients waking up from coma when certain songs are played. A doctor even came up with a list of top 5 coma songs. In the words of John Safran, "Don’'t wait for your parents to rifle through your CD collection when it'’s too late. Get your coma card printed now."

For other John Safran musical parodies, go here. Enjoy.

No comments: