Saturday, October 16, 2004

Crash! Boom! Bang!

Took my first driving lesson today. Actually, I've been driving for more than 10 years already. But I stopped for almost a year, and now I have to familiarize myself with right-hand driving on the wrong side, I mean, left side of the road.

It's not as easy as I thought because I keep driving too close to the cars on my left. I accelerate even on roundabouts. I make 90-degree turns using one hand. I don't look over my shoulders when I turn. But those are just minor things.

We stopped at a Stop sign, and this guy in a ute crashed into us from behind. Bang! Just like that. Good thing our seatbelts are on, and my foot was on the brakes because the impact was so great it gave me a pain in the neck (literally).

The driving instructor handled everything, but still they copied down my license number since I was the one behind the wheel. Do you think they'll summon me to court? So I just sat there waiting while the passing drivers survey the damage, take note of the learner's plate, then look at me. C'mon guys, it's not my fault!

No comments: